Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Edged
Adjective: edged ejd
- Having a specified kind of border or edge
"a black-edged card"; "rough-edged leaves"; "dried sweat left salt-edged patches"
- (of speech) harsh or hurtful in tone or character
- cutting, stinging
- Having a cutting edge or especially an edge or edges as specified; often used in combination
"an edged knife"; "a two-edged sword"
- Advance slowly, as if by inches
"He edged towards the car";
- Provide with a border or edge
"edge the tablecloth with embroidery";
- Lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
"Canada edges the U.S.";
- border, adjoin, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on
- Provide with an edge
"edge a blade"
Anagrams containing the word edged