Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Empty
Adjective: empty (emptier,emptiest) emp-tee
- Holding or containing nothing
"an empty glass"; "an empty room"; "full of empty seats"; "empty hours"
- Without value, significance or point
- hollow, vacuous
- Needing nourishment
"after skipped lunch the men were empty by suppertime"; "empty-bellied children";
- Emptied of emotion
"after the violent argument he felt empty"
- Completely wanting or lacking
"writing empty of insight";
- barren, destitute, devoid, free, innocent
- Make void or empty of contents
"Empty the box"; "The alarm emptied the building"
- Become empty or void of its content
"The room emptied";
- Leave behind empty; move out of
"You must empty your office by tonight";
- vacate, abandon
"Empty the water"
- Excrete or discharge from the body
- evacuate, void
- A container that has been emptied
"return all empties to the store"
Anagrams containing the word empty