Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Faced
Adjective: faced feyst
- Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number; often used in combination
"a neatly faced terrace"
- Deal with (something unpleasant) head on
"He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes";
- confront, face up
- Oppose, as in hostility or a competition
"Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring";
- Be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
"The building faces the park";
- front, look
- Be opposite
"the facing page"; "the two sofas face each other"
- Turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction
"Turn and face your partner now"
- Show something to somebody, usually to accuse or criticize
"He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us";
- confront, present
- Turn so as to expose the face
"face a playing card"
- Line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
"face the lapels of the jacket"
- Cover the front or surface of
"The building was faced with beautiful stones"
Anagrams containing the word faced