Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Mouth
Noun: mouth mawth
- The opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge
"he stuffed his mouth with candy";
- oral cavity, oral fissure, rima oris
- The externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening
"she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
- An opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge)
"he rode into the mouth of the canyon"; "they built a fire at the mouth of the cave"
- The point where a stream issues into a larger body of water
"New York is at the mouth of the Hudson"
- A person conceived as a consumer of food
"he has four mouths to feed"
- A spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- An impudent or insolent rejoinder
"don't give me any of your mouth";
- sass [N. Amer], sassing [N. Amer], backtalk [N. Amer], back talk [N. Amer], lip, backchat [Brit]
- The opening of a jar or bottle
"the jar had a wide mouth"
- Express in speech
"She mouths a lot of nonsense";
- talk, speak, utter, verbalize, verbalise [Brit]
- Articulate silently; form words with the lips only
"She mouthed a swear word"
- Touch with the mouth
Anagrams containing the word mouth