Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Rates
Noun: rates reyts
- A local tax on property (usually used in the plural)
"responsible for the highness of the rates"
- A magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit
"they travelled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis
"a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5";
- charge per unit
- The relative speed of progress or change
"he works at a great rate";
- A quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure
"the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- Assign a rank or rating to
"The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide";
- rank, range, order, grade, place
- Be worthy of or have a certain rating
"This bond rates highly"
- Evalulate how important or likely something is
"Gold was rated highly among the Romans"; "How would you rate his chances to become President?";
Anagrams containing the word rates