Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Ridge
Noun: ridge rij
- A long narrow natural elevation or striation
- Any long raised strip
- A long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean
- A long narrow range of hills
- Any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- A beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
- ridgepole, rooftree
- (meteorology) an elongated region of relatively high pressure
- Extend in ridges
"The land ridges towards the South"
- (farming) plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- Throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides
"He ridged his corn"
- Spade into alternate ridges and troughs
"ridge the soil"
- Form into a ridge
Anagrams containing the word ridge