Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Rival
Verb: rival (rivalled,rivalling, or [US] rivaled,rivaling) rI-vul
- Be equal to in quality or ability
"Nothing can rival cotton for durability";
- equal, touch, match
- Be the rival of, be in competition with
"we are rivaling for first place in the race"
- The contestant you hope to defeat
"he had respect for his rivals";
- challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- Someone or something with similar quality as another
"As a social historian, he has no rival"
Anagrams containing the word rival