Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Lapse
Noun: lapse laps
- A mistake resulting from inattention
- A break or intermission in the occurrence of something
"a lapse of three weeks between letters"
- A failure to maintain a higher state
- backsliding, lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion, reverting
- Pass into a specified state or condition
"He lapsed into nirvana";
- sink, pass
- End, at least for a long time
"The correspondence lapsed"
- Drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
"Conservatives worry about McCain's lapse on immigration";
- Go back to bad behaviour
- relapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back
- Let slip
"He lapsed his membership"
- Become later by the passage of a given amount of time
"three years lapsed";
- elapse, pass, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along
Anagrams containing the word lapse